Tuesday, June 15, 2010

welcome to the world...


My little nephew Matthew Ben made his grand appearance today. I finished his sweater just in time. Well, I probably had a little time to spare since I made the 6 mo. size-- big enough to grow into.

I had a lot of fun with the extra little details: the twill tape tag with his initials and the content and care hang tag.

Seriously though, people, I think I'm going to need to join an addiction treatment program or something. I've got another baby sweater in the wings (so cute that it's physically painful), and more planned. I just can't stop myself. My sincerest apologies to any non-knitters who are getting sick of all this.

P.S. The pattern is Presto Chango by Valerie Wallis

8 comments:

Emery said...

i'm a non-knitter, but not sick. just always envious. ALMOST makes me want to have another baby just for some 'goodies by steph'! ...kidding

Margret said...

that is such an adorable jumper, where did you get the pattern?

hb said...

soooo cute! maybe you should teach a class or something! i'd come!

Alison said...

just non-knitters who are going to show up at your door armed with needles and yarn expecting a tutorial :)

Britney said...

I am so in love with this sweater!!

Melanie Sharp said...

Holy cow, Stephanie. That is darling! Good work.

dbunk902 said...

Beautiful sweater! I love the detail and only hope I can be that good with anything beyond S/S or garter stitch! Keep blogging and sharing!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! Which yarn did you use? I love the finish and stitch definition :-)